Sunday, February 27, 2011
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
I am in the mood to preach again.
Looking at this 10+ years old photo of the most important things in my life.
The kids, the books, the bikes, & the clays.
This brings me to my diatribe based on biased observation.
I genuinely care what people think, I suppose I always have & will.
I want the kids to be proud of me, hopefully a book will provide an answer, the bikes are a selfish life long impulse, & the sculptures are an urge.
If I love you, like you, admire you, or appreciate you in any way, I want you to recognized me.
Even if I completely disagree with someone I like, on any subject, I still enjoy them.
What my question is to anyone reading this self indulgent rant, is why do my rock star friends & my awkward kid's friends claim;
"I don't care what other people think!"
I don't buy it.
The guy who gets up, pulls the sweater that his grandma bought him 4 birthdays ago, because it is the top one on the pile his mom put in his closet for him, does this in the dark, so it is completely random if it matches his pants & goes to a job that required the least amount of his effort to obtain. That ruler doesn't care what people think.
Me, in my stinky unwashed old Levis, beat up Wescos or my perfectly pressed small tag Dickies & pleated Pendleton, my Langlitz jacket & hand made hat, my goatee & slicked back hair... you get it, I care.
You, with your Stacey Adams, wife beater & tattoos, you care.
You, with your long hair, died hair or shaved head, you care.
So why do I hear & read so many people say;
"If I really cared about what other people think, I wouldn't have pursued Rock & Roll music- I'd still be pushing a mop."
In the motorcycle community, I hear something like, "I wear leather, have tattoos, long hair & ride a loud bike, because I don't care what people think.
Skaters, Surfers, Bikers, Punks, Vatos, Rockers, Emos, Rock-a-billies, Car Builders & perhaps most of all, Artists all claim not to care what other's think, yet I honestly believe it is quite the opposite.
All these super neat & interesting people are just that, because they care, maybe not what their mom thinks, but most certainly, what their peers think.
I have been thinking about this claim for decades.
There was a girl in high school who I had a terrible crush on.
She woke up several hours before school each day & got into full Siouxsie Sioux attire... I loved her for it, but in Psychology class when she said "I dress this way because I don't care what people think", I disagreed, in front of everybody, and we went from being friends to acquaintances.
I get what happened then... never was clever with the ladies, but I wonder if she still thinks that in high school she really didn't care what people thought.
Are my adult friends & my kid's friends who claim, not to care, really that punk rock/hardcore/anti-social & it is just insecure me who dwells on this trite stuff, or do nonconformists just conform to nonconformity?
SAYS Jeff Decker
AND I THINK I AGREE
Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry Octobre 1972 .Ducati 250 Desmo., originally uploaded by seeleynorton.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
FOR SALE IN GREECE http://www.car.gr/classifieds/bikes/view/5597420/
pics via car.gr
Yamaha LC50M (BOP II) Champ , a photo by Sammie36 on Flickr. CHAPPY DRAGSTER!! :))
IMG_8412 , a photo by Janta9G1340 on Flickr.
Green VW Golf Mk1 G60 , a photo by retromotoring on Flickr.
sooooooo perfect!!! by jan-jan.net
1937 Chevy pickup , a photo by Fred R Childers Photography on Flickr.
Satin black VW Golf Mk1 Caddy pickup truck , a photo by retromotoring on Flickr.
..IS OUT FOR SALE! 1947 Roadmaster Eight model (14750551 Buick chassis serial number) "built in Flint,...
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (405)
- ► 2013 (2587)
- ► 2012 (4281)
- At Shibuya
- Ducati Mototrans 125 Sport
- Petty Manx Norton
- Petty Manx Norton
- track day 2007 .Lezennes France North
- NORTON commando and café racer
- KAWASAKI 500 H1B 1972
- SEELEY TRACK DAY 2007
- seeley/norton 750 MK3
- Mallory Park 1985 - Rob Sewell 825 Cosworth
- Spa 2008 Yamaha
- LM story 2009 (76)
- untitled mc
- T R E E H O U S E
- under the bridge
- the man & his dragbike
- Who cares?
- stevan's cb750
- LENNARD'S BIKE ON FIRE!!
- Daytona 675R static
- 1971 NHRA Winternationals
- Norton 750 race bike .
- Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry Octobre 1972 .Ducati ...
- Project Lucky 7 completed #5
- the queen of pinkville
- 1923 Ford T Bucket (Custom) '23 TEEE' 1
- 1920's Ford T Bucket (Custom)
- 1923 Ford custom 23-GT rod - fvl
- 1923 Ford custom 23-GT rod - rvr
- cb360 #3
- with the large pipes
- cb & helmet
- 1974 Honda CB360 Cafe Racer
- CB 360 Cafe Racer
- Bonneville Salt Flats
- Steve and the 360
- Night train
- rusty's inferno
- cb160r: the rusty rocket
- later that afternoon, it began to snow
- the vincent black shadow
- the barber motorcycle museum
- the family affair
- the oddfellow
- Claude's KZ 1000 ST Cafe
- Yamaha 350 Bastardo
- Johnny and the Bullet
- ACME Choppers, 1936 Euro Custom Show !
- 1927 J Model Harley 'The Belly Full of Hell'
- The boys are back in Town
- KACHI DOKI BRIDGE
- 70's~80's Bikes
- kz1000ltd turbo
- z1r turbo
- T309 Speed Triple
- suzuki gt750s
- Ducati 450 Desmo,.......
- 1914 Sears Art Nouveau Graphic
- 1957 Matchless in Trafalgar Square
- 1960 AJS Race-Bred
- flatbed Ford
- '23 Model T
- '31 Ford
- early Ardun OHV Ford
- 1950 build
- artistic bicycle
- Photo from Williams book :Read ; Williams ; French...
- CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE RACING
- seeley norton 750
- pushing looked awkward...
- 3.DDR Fahrzeugtreffen 1.Mai Bad Salzungen
- Honda Daytona Filé / Retro Moto St-Cergue
- WBA (wait before adrenaline)
- Honda Filé / Retro Moto St-Cergue
- Triumph side car racer / Retro Moto St-Cergue
- suzuki gsx750es Oldscool streetfighter
- 1972 Porsche 911 E Coupé
- 1957 Chevrolet Apache 3100
- M1 99
- enfield by royal mc queen
- 310 2.Lackierung ist fertig
- shinya&needle...going tirquazzzz
- birdy two
- 1 bike, 2 stroke, 3 cylinders
- the in sound, from way out
- at the end of the tour
- RONIN vs TYPHON
- BRITTOWN: a British motorcycle DVD (a cafe racer m...
- Choppertown: the Sinners - a documentary motorcycl...
- sake racer espanola
- CB750 Four Supersport del 76 Cafe "Cream"
- ▼ February (339)
- ► 2010 (1683)