Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Steve's StreetTracker (Yamaha DT400)


steve met warren @ the swap

steve ends up with a spare motor for his (this) lil beast...
warren ends up with some gas money and a really cool story!!

so here it is... steve's words (more or less):

This is a '74 DT360 frame with 400 motor in it. 
A Motard style is what I was after. 
I did all the work but the fiber wrapping of the tank. 
Intake was modified with a custom made boost bottle 
(old technology now but new in the '70's), 
delta force reed cage for a yz125 and a Power Mister on the carb. 
The expansion chamber was also built by me. 
I have just over $600 into the entire build including a donor motor. 
The bike even came with a MA title. 
When I registered it they had no idea what to charge me for sales tax 
and I got away with a $5 charge.

story+pic via warren’s blogspot: COCONUT CUSTOMS

CHEERS

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Warren,

    If this is what you call crap, please eat more beans 'cose we'd like to see more.

    Ciao4now

    ReplyDelete
  2. i built that bike! who is "Mr. Warren" ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hei man...
    my fault!
    :)))

    i hadn't paid attention to the text under the pics (at the time, when i first saw them and then posted this one!)

    i fixed it now...

    i hope u approve!

    sorry again..

    ReplyDelete

Art by Lennard Schuurmans

Art by Lennard Schuurmans
Click it for LennardSchuurmans.com ...or just visit his blogspot: bubblevisor.blogspot.com